Friday, February 27, 2009
Your Blog Is Fabulous Award
YOUR BLOG IS FABULOUS AWARD from Linda at Psyche Connections . So, there are a few things you need to do after accepting this award:
1.) Post the logo on your blog.
2.) Pass it on to at least 10 of your blogger friends that you think they have a "Fabulous Blog".
3.) Please link me, The Pink Cowboy in your post.
4.) Link the awardees as well.
5.) Let your awardees know you have passed this on to them by going to their blog and leaving a comment.
HERE are my FABULOUS COWBOY AND COWGIRL AWARDEES.
1. Ngorobob House: Life From The Hill - This blog is about what many dream, living in Africa and experiencing such beauty and adventure.
2. Sweetmango This blog is a combination of deep seated spirituality and beauty. Sweetmango is a wonderful artist. Her art has the energy of Mother Earth dancing in the skies.
3. Raph's Ramblings- The best blog ever kept by giraffes.
4. Garden Mother- Her narratives are full of intelligence and insight. She has a fabulous intellect.
5. House of Turquoise- Oh that color! The color of the sea. You'll swim in this ocean of turquoise.
6. The Holiday Queen- If you want to have fun and be creative this is the blog for you. Her creations are just amazing.
7. Life at Willow Manor- Willow you probably have 15 of theses Fab award. I don't care you deserve one more. You are elegant, bright and inspiring. You are an eclectic being like me so I'm partial but I still think you are tops.
8. Heartbreak Tango- Lights, cameras, action. Visually speaking this blog is like a theatre box. You'll read posts that are both analytical and keen.
9. I live here SF- Fabulous in the making. Julie latest project spells FAB! all the way. The City (San Francisco), Is there any other? and their people.
10. Musing From the Deep- Natalie "fabulousness" stems from her deep intelligence and generous spirit. This blog challenges you to think beyond what's common and ordinary.
Best Blog Thinker Award
“This award acknowledges the values that every Blogger displays in their effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values with each message they write. Awards like this have been created with the intention of promoting community among Bloggers. It’s a way to show appreciation and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.”
I got this award from Steph at The Incurable Insomniac blog. Thank you so much for thinking about me, Steph. These are my bloggers extrordinaires I have decided to pass this award on:
1. In Good Shape- A very insightful writer. Her observations about life are always revealing to say the least.
2. The Weaver of Grass a wonderful blog from Yorkshire, England. Her beautiful rural images and narratives are both vivid and endearing.
3. A Majority of Two An Intelligent, thought-provoking blog. Jo is a keen observer of life. She is a great writer even if she won't admit to it. And besides she is Canadian and I love everything about Canada.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
First Car: Ford Fairmont (1979)
First Crush: Peter Tork from The Monkees or was it Astroboy? I was 4 years old.
First Time I Had Coffee: 7 or 8 months old. My mother made us one shot lattes for our baby bottles...Really! I'm Latin it is cultural. We call it Café con leche.
First Job: Store Clerk at my Dad's Gift Shop/Armory Store. Mom liked porcelain figurines. Dad loved guns, he was a skeet champion. They reached a compromise. The weirdest concept for a store. The store didn't last that long. It had an iron cage in the middle where the guns, rifles, pistols and revolvers would be displayed.
First "real" Job- Translator at the Department of Education in Puerto Rico.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
"Fidelity": Don't Divorce... from Courage Campaign on Vimeo.
"Ken Starr, who led the campaign to impeach President Bill Clinton, filed a legal brief last month -- on behalf of the "Yes on 8" campaign -- that would forcibly divorce 18,000 same-sex couples that were married in California last year before the passage of Prop 8."
I believe that Love is the highest truth.
Nobody should be denied the right to commit publicly and legally to this principle.
Diversity is part of the human race, to deny this principle is to deny our humanity.
Please watch this video, it's about Love and Truth.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
The letter N is the 14th letter of the English alphabet. It is believed to have developed from a snake hieroglyphic used by the Egyptians. Not long afterwards the Phoenicians adopted the letter into their alphabet. The Hebrews and the Greek followed suit. N represents the alveolar nasal sound in human speech. Only a handful of languages on earth lack this sound. It is the perfect letter to take to the Nth degree, obviously:
Nitroglycerin- a colorless, oily, explosive liquid.
Navratilova- Last name of a famous woman tennis player.
Nanotechnology- According to many the longest word starting with N.
Na Nu Na Nu- Alien greeting (Mork & Mindy TV series)
N in sign language
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
I liked this pub standing silently and alone in one corner of the district.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Note: Dry leaves by imagetaker!, metallic surface by gdnarch both in Flickr.