Sunday, April 19, 2009

Absit Omen













Dearest bloggers. I have been very busy lately in my job search. I just wanted to stop by my own blog and tell you how much I appreciate your visits. My mind is running amok these days with thousands of ideas. I am also a little bit obsessed with twitter, which I joined recently, and feel like writing senseless haiku in less than 140 words every 3 hours. Another obsession: Every day I wake up I go to Wikipedia to check on Recent Deaths. It's a little bit morbid. Strangely enough when I find the name of a celebrity (usually actors or actresses of note) in the death lists my heart misses a beat and I feel melancholic. Then, I miss the celebrity terribly and look for info all over the Net. I think I am going to laugh about this little obsession of mine. Am I turning into my own parents? Later in life they loved to read the obituaries to see if any of their friends or acquaintances passed away. Maybe it made them feel like survivors. In the meantime I hope I don't find myself ever on those dreary lists. Absit Omen.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't love you more if i tried...gotta love the quirks, it is what makes you ...well... you!
I am into twitter too..it is all good PC. Enjoy your day :)
xxmango

Avril Fleur said...

Best of luck in your job search! I have finally found a great job, but it took me quite some time, about 6 months from the time I really started searching. Keep the faith, your job is on its way to you now!

Linda S. Socha said...

I can totally relate to obsessions. I love yours!...Take care of yourself. Sometimes I think we do turn into parts of our parents! Your new position will come through......
Hugs
Linda

Tess Kincaid said...

About half way into your post, you were reminding me of my inlaws who love to read the obits in their local Kansas paper every morning at breakfast, to see if any of their friends have died! I guess you can be happy your name isn't on the list.

I like quirky.

Hope you find your dream job soon!

Sydney said...

I just recently joined twitter to check it out. So far not tons of activity.... Everything you might be into or not into only makes you that much more interesting methinks. Most of all, it's good that you surfaces and gave a holla.

nollyposh said...

Let me know if you find yourself following hearses... THEN i'll start worrying about you X:-)

nollyposh said...

i mean lOOk at me i follow GOD's blog... religiously (!!!)... There's got to be something seriously worrying about THAT!

http://god-has-a-blog.blogspot.com

X:-o

AND

i just refused to answer the front door to the little old lady down the road and i KNOW that she KNEW i was here... (!!!)

oh and by the way i don't like red pegs...

on the clothes line

(Not personally)...

Now i bet you're fEEling betTer already...

X;-P

x

will said...

M&Ms, breathing, talking, doing stuff - yeah, I dig obsessions. Why not? Edison obsessed with a bright idea. Picasso obsessed, paint flowed and look what we got. Sir Edmund said just a few more footsteps then we'll see it all.

Go for it.

A Cuban In London said...

That's just a minor bout of OCD (Obssessive Compulsion Disorder). I guess that we all suffer from it a little bit. I wish you luck with your job hunt.

Greetings from London.

Jo said...

I remember when my Dad started reading the obits.

I now check every day on Patrick Swayze and Farrah Fawcett. Is that morbid or what!? I think we all have a tendence to do that.

Snowbrush said...

You know of "Find A Death," Find a Grave," "Who's Alive and Who's Dead," and "Where the Stars are Buried," I trust.

Anonymous said...

Uhm, quirky doesn't quite cover you. I hopped onto your blog from another site. I NEVER look for deaths. I hated how people always ran for the obits first when I was a kid. Maybe you can take some dead guy's job?
~Mary